Caring and Carers

Paying for Care
Care and support services at home aren’t free and most councils charge for providing them. If your local council agrees that you have care and support needs, they will then look at your finances to see how much you will have to contribute towards the cost of your care.

Caring and Support Plan
If you’re eligible for support and the council is arranging or paying for some or all of your care, they must develop a written care and support plan with you. This should set out what support you should get and who will provide it, and it should be done in a way that makes sense to you.

New to Caring for an Elderly Person
Elderly Care: A Guide for Families New to Caring

Caring for Someone
Caring for Someone - Getting the help you need

Older Carers
Information about older carers.